In this interactive trial class, you will be introduced to some of the key finance principles to measure and evaluate the performance of a company. By examining the case studies Japanese and Western companies participates will understand how to promote true value creation.
In this “Measuring Business Value” Online MBA Trial Class, you will:
- Learn about basic financial statements and how to interpret them.
- Discuss business models and how to connect numbers with strategy.
- Experience GLOBIS’s unique case-centered and interactive learning environment.
- Speak directly with our Admissions Advisors to learn about our programs in more detail.
- Have the opportunity to receive a free ebook “KOKOROZASHI: The Pursuit of Meaning in Business.”
This class introduces concepts from the GLOBIS MBA course “Essentials of Finance,” one of the most popular courses for new students at GLOBIS and one of the most in-demand skills in business.
Notes about this interactive online event:
This event will be held live online. Upon registration, a link will be sent to your email address with a URL and details on how to join. Some tips for the event!
- Join on time as the event will be live (we recommend signing in at least 5 minutes early).
- Please try to have earphones, microphone and/or a webcam ready for a more interactive experience.
- Have a good time and don’t be shy to participate in the discussions.
We look forward to meeting you online.
|Date:||Thursday, December 14, 2023|
|Time:||6:00 PM - 7:30 PM (Pacific Standard Time)|
|Registration Fee:||Free of charge|
|5:45 PM (PST)||Reception Opens|
|6:00 PM (PST)||Welcome & GLOBIS Introduction|
|6:10 PM (PST)||Trial Class|
|7:10 PM (PST)||GLOBIS Programs Info|
|7:20 PM (PST)||Q&A|
Satoshi Hirose (Lecturer)
Satoshi Hirose is a professor and dean at the Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University. He teaches Finance, Financial Reorganization, Global Strategy, Leadership, and Management Philosophy for both the Japanese and English MBA programs. Before joining GLOBIS, he turned around and launched a new business as SVP/Co-COO of BELLSYSTEM24, the largest CRM company in Japan, after it was acquired by Bain Capital.
Satoshi started his career as a derivatives trader and corporate risk manager. He then joined A.T. Kearney as a management consultant specializing in corporate strategy development & implementation, corporate transformation, merger and acquisition arrangements and post-merger integration, for various companies in Japan and Asia.
Later, he took the role of corporate executive officer, VP in charge of operations and technology, chief of staff, and project management officer at AIG/AIU. There, Satoshi led several corporate transition programs including a turnaround after the financial crisis in 2008.