Toyota, a global automotive industry leader, was once a latecomer to the American automotive market, facing criticism for its initial low horsepower and quality. Yet, the brand has defied the odds and risen to become the No. 1 car brand in the United States by 2022 (according to CarPro).
In this seminar, we will explore:
- The difference between Toyota and the other OEM (Original Equipment Management) brands
- Toyota’s unique approach to the development of its employees and their skills
- How Toyota is preparing for the evolution of the automotive industry
In this trial class, participants will explore the topics above, while experiencing GLOBIS’s interactive class style. The lecturer, Mr. Nakamura, is a subject expert in Japanese Management and has over 15 years of experience in conducting global training for leading Japanese companies.
Don’t miss this opportunity to gain valuable insights into Toyota’s roadmap to success and the innovative strategies that have propelled it to the forefront of the American automotive landscape.
In this trial class, you will:
- Experience GLOBIS’s unique case-centered and active learning environment
- Discover the GLOBIS ecosystem and how we enable business education beyond the traditional MBA curriculum
- Speak directly with our Admissions Advisors to learn about our programs in more details
- Have the opportunity to receive a free ebook “KOKOROZASHI: The Pursuit of Meaning in Business.”
This class introduces frameworks and knowledge from the GLOBIS MBA course “Japanese Management: New Systems, Lasting Values,” a very popular course for new students at GLOBIS looking to dive into the world of Japanese business.
Notes about this interactive online event
This event will be held live online. Upon registration, a link will be sent to your email address with a URL and details on how to join. Some tips for the event!
- Join on time as the event will be live (we recommend signing in at least 5 minutes early)
- Please try to have earphones, microphone and/or a webcam ready for a more interactive experience
- Have a good time and don’t be shy to participate in the discussions
We look forward to meeting you online.
|Friday, December 8, 2023
|5:00 PM - 6:30 PM (Pacific Standard Time)
|Free of charge
|4:45 PM (PDT)
|5:00 PM (PDT)
|Welcome & Course Introduction
|5:10 PM (PDT)
|6:10 PM (PDT)
|GLOBIS & Admissions Info
|6:20 PM (PDT)
Tomoya Nakamura (Lecturer)
Mr. Tomoya Nakamura serves as President of GLOBIS USA, Inc.
He started his professional career at Marubeni Corporation, reorganized an investment company at Advantage Partners, and was the Senior Managing Director of Sun-Life Corporation (TSE 7040). At Sun-Life he introduced a progressive ESOP for more than 250 employees including part-time workers.
He served as Dean of the English MBA Programs at GLOBIS University while also starting the GLOBIS global training business and continues to serve as the main facilitator for various corporate clients. He primarily lectures on leadership, kokorozashi, and globalization.