“Japanese Innovation in Business Strategy” Online MBA Trial class
Details:Explore the GLOBIS MBA through a Trial Class, learn practical business skills, and take the first step toward a life-changing experience.
Explore the case study of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and learn about strategy theory from Japanese company.
In this “Japanese Innovation in Business Strategy” Trial Class, we will explore:
- What strategies has Mitsubishi Heavy Industries adopted to distinguish itself from the competition?
- How has Mitsubishi Heavy Industries reacted to the Covid-19 pandemic?
- How has Mitsubishi Heavy Industries overcome the challenges of innovation?
Please note: Per the lecturer’s request, we have changed the case study for this trial class from UNIQLO to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
In this trial class, you will:
- Experience GLOBIS’s unique case-centered and interactive learning environment
- Discover the GLOBIS ecosystem and how we enable business education beyond the traditional MBA curriculum
- Speak directly with our Admissions Advisors to learn about our programs in more details
- Have the opportunity to receive a free ebook “KOKOROZASHI: The Pursuit of Meaning in Business.”
This class introduces frameworks and knowledge from the GLOBIS MBA course “Strategy,” a very popular course for new students at GLOBIS looking to dive into the world of business strategy.
Notes about this interactive online event
This event will be held live online. Upon registration, a link will be sent to your email address with a URL and details on how to join. Some tips for the event!
- Join on time as the event will be live (we recommend signing in at least 5 minutes early).
- Please try to have earphones, microphone and/or a webcam ready for a more interactive experience.
- Have a good time and don’t be shy to participate in the discussions.
We look forward to meeting you online.
|Date:||Wednesday, February 15, 2023|
|Time:||6:00 PM - 7:30 PM (Pacific Standard Time)|
|Registration Fee:||Free of charge|
|5:30 PM (PST)||Reception Opens|
|6:00 PM (PST)||Welcome & GLOBIS Introduction|
|6:10 PM (PST)||"Japanese Innovation in Business Strategy" Online MBA Trial Class|
|7:10 PM (PST)||GLOBIS & Admissions Info|
|7:20 PM (PST)||Q&A|
Philip Jones (Lecturer)
Mr. Philip Jones grew up in Rhode Island, US, fifth in a family of eleven brothers and sisters, and has been moving westward ever since. He spent three years in New Hampshire (sales, Flying Tiger Line), four years in Minnesota (sales management, Flying Tiger Line), six years in Los Angeles (Northwest Airlines Cargo, Regional Manager), one year in Memphis (NWA), a year and a half in Hawaii (business school), five years in Japan (executive, Kintetsu World Express), two years in Beijing (GM, KWE’s new subsidiary), and finally returned to Japan in 2000.
He spent five years at WorldPort Services, LLC, where he assisted Japanese companies and subsidiaries of non-Japanese companies in adoptting global business practices. In 2004, he joined Morgen, Evan and Company, a New York-based M&A advisory boutique, as the leader of its logistics practice. The following year, he became managing director in charge of the Japan office.
In 2010, Mr. Jones engineered the sale of Morgen Evan’s Japan business to Sigmaxyz Inc., a Tokyo based strategy consultancy. As part of the transaction, he joined Sigmaxyz as partner (M&A) and he worked on a variety of M&A transactions for Japanese and non-Japanese clients. While still associated with Sigmaxyz Philip began transitioning to teaching, starting at GLOBIS University in January 2015.
As a corporate training instructor, he provides a variety of lectures on many topics, including corporate strategy, corporate philosophy, and overseas expansion strategies.