Explore the case study of Japanese clothing brand UNIQLO, which has succeeded among fierce competitors such as Zara, GAP, and H&M to become one of the leading international retail companies.
In this “Japanese Innovation in Business Strategy” Trial Class, we will explore:
- How has a Japanese company succeeded in a saturated international market?
- What strategies has UNIQLO adopted to distinguish itself from the competition?
- How has UNIQLO’s innovation lead to competitive advantages?
In this trial class, you will:
- Experience GLOBIS’s unique case-centered and interactive learning environment
- Discover the GLOBIS ecosystem and how we enable business education beyond the traditional MBA curriculum
- Speak directly with our Admissions Advisors to learn about our programs in more details
- Have the opportunity to receive a free ebook “KOKOROZASHI: The Pursuit of Meaning in Business.”
This class introduces frameworks and knowledge from the GLOBIS MBA course “Strategy,” a very popular course for new students at GLOBIS looking to dive into the world of business strategy.
Notes about this interactive online event
This event will be held live online. Upon registration, a link will be sent to your email address with a URL and details on how to join. Some tips for the event!
- Join on time as the event will be live (we recommend signing in at least 5 minutes early).
- Please try to have earphones, microphone and/or a webcam ready for a more interactive experience.
- Have a good time and don’t be shy to participate in the discussions.
We look forward to meeting you online.
|Date:||Thursday, February 9, 2023|
|Time:||6:00 PM - 7:30 PM (Pacific Standard Time)|
|Registration Fee:||Free of charge|
|5:30 PM (PST)||Reception Opens|
|6:00 PM (PST)||Welcome & GLOBIS Introduction|
|6:10 PM (PST)||"Japanese Innovation in Business Strategy" Online MBA Trial Class|
|7:10 PM (PST)||GLOBIS & Admissions Info|
|6:20 PM (PST)||Q&A|
Yasuyuki Kato (Lecturer)
Mr. Yasuyuki Kato currently serves as Chief Strategy Officer and Chief Financial Officer of GLOBIS USA, Inc.
After graduating from university, Mr. Kato joined a prominent general trading company in Japan, where he was engaged in global business projects based in China. He then joined a strategy consulting firm where he served as consultant for client companies wishing to expand overseas and develop new businesses.
Prior to joining GLOBIS USA, he served as Vice President of GLOBIS China.
As a corporate training instructor, he provides a variety of lectures on many topics, including corporate strategy, corporate philosophy, and overseas expansion strategies.