GLOBIS USA (hereafter, “GLOBIS,” “we,” “us,” “our”) recognizes the importance of complying with laws and regulations governing the protection of personal information and safeguarding privacy to ensure the safe and secure use of our services. Therefore, we have established a system for promoting compliance and developed internal regulations in our commitment to handle personal information with the utmost care.
I. Personal Information Collected
Information You Provide
We collect information that you submit when visiting the Site including registration information (your name, email or postal address, telephone number and user name and password), contact information if you sign up for our newsletter or contact us with an inquiry (email address, telephone number), or payment card information if you make a purchase (name, billing and shipping address, card information, email and telephone number). We also may collect dates of birth; records of inquiries, interviews, applications, entrance application screenings and admissions; records of attendances and course transcripts; records and results of service use; records of questionnaires; records of graduation, leaves of absence, suspensions and expulsions.
We may also collect information online and offline for screening and contacting candidates in the process of hiring or contracting staff and independent contractors, and managing human resources after hiring or contracting including names; contact information (addresses, email addresses, telephone and fax numbers); dates of birth; academic records; career records; certifications held; reason for application; records of inquiries and interviews; and other information related to the individuals subject to the process of hiring or contracting. We may also collect information from vendors and service providers including company and representative information, services to be performed, experience and other information related to our due diligence in engaging and overseeing vendors and service providers.
Automatically Collected Information and Cookies
- To confirm membership for exclusive services that require log-in
- To analyze website access, including the numbers of visitors
- To display customized website content
These cookies may stay on your browser into the future until they expire or you delete them. Some cookies that assist in the functionality of the Site are erased when you close your browser window. You can stop cookies from being installed/applied to your computer by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. However please note that if you choose to block these cookies, our website may not work as it should. There is more information about cookies, including how to delete them on the website at www.aboutcookies.org.
We currently do not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser.
II. Use of Personal Information
GLOBIS’ businesses include a graduate school of management, a non-degree business school, corporate training, publications and management research, venture capital, G1, and KIBOW.
In the course of providing services, performing associated tasks, and hiring or contracting individuals in these businesses, GLOBIS makes use of personal information within the scope indicated below:
Providing services and performing associated tasks in our business, such as confirming applications and handling the payment of fees:
- To confirm applications to our services such as the Graduate School of Management, Business School, and corporate training
- To perform screenings to confirm that applicants meet qualifications for services that require such qualifications
- To provide the services for which customers have applied
- To deliver books, instructional materials and other products to customers
- To send invoices to customers for services and products purchased
- To send documents requested by customers
- To confirm registrations for events and seminars to ascertain the status of attendance
- To confirm subscriptions to our email magazine services and to send emails
Improving services and developing new business/services:
- To utilize as reference data for improving existing services and developing new services by measuring and analyzing the level of quality and customer satisfaction, and by researching customer needs and requirements
- To analyze marketing strategies
Providing information and related services that may be useful to customers:
- To provide information on related services, events and seminars targeting previous users of our services (e.g., providing email magazines and pamphlets)
- To provide information on services, events and seminars that may be useful to customers and business partners who have provided their business cards when participating in our events, seminars or business meetings. (e.g., providing email magazines and pamphlets)
- To share aggregated, non-personal data on demographics and characteristics of previous service users to explain our services to third parties
Operating business related to investment:
- To review investment in and sale of stock, etc.
- To confirm transactions based on the Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds
- To manage securities held
- To perform other related/associated tasks
Screening and contacting candidates in the process of hiring or contracting staff and independent contractors, and managing human resources after hiring or contracting:
- To provide information to, contact, and notify applicants for hiring or contracting as well as hiring/staffing agents/companies regarding employment at or contracting with GLOBIS
- To make hiring and contracting decisions in the process of screening applicants
- To conduct tasks related to human resources management after an applicant is hired by or enters into contract with GLOBIS
III. Jointly Utilizing Personal Information among GLOBIS Corporate Family
GLOBIS may jointly utilize personal information it has acquired, as shown below, among our corporate family including GLOBIS Corporation, the Educational Corporation of GLOBIS University, GLOBIS China Co., Ltd., GLOBIS Asia Campus Pte. Ltd., GLOBIS Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., GLOBIS Thailand Co., Ltd., GLOBIS Capital Partners, G1 INSTITUTE, and General Incorporated Foundation KIBOW:
Personal information that may be jointly utilized among GLOBIS:
- Provision of services and related tasks in each business Names; contact information (addresses, email addresses, telephone and fax numbers); dates of birth; records of inquiries, interviews, applications, entrance application screenings and admissions; records of attendances and course transcripts; records and results of service use; records of questionnaires; records of graduation, leaves of absence, suspensions and expulsions.
- Screening and contacting candidates in the process of hiring or contracting staff and independent contractors, and managing human resources after hiring or contracting Names; contact information (addresses, email addresses, telephone and fax numbers); dates of birth; academic records; career records; certifications held; reason for application; records of inquiries and interviews; and other information related to the individuals subject to the process of hiring or contracting.
Extent of entities with whom information may be jointly utilized:
GLOBIS Corporation, GLOBIS USA, the Educational Corporation of GLOBIS University, and GLOBIS China Co., Ltd., GLOBIS Asia Campus Pte. Ltd., GLOBIS Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., GLOBIS Thailand Co., Ltd., GLOBIS Capital Partners, G1 INSTITUTE, and General Incorporated Foundation KIBOW.
Purpose of jointly utilizing personal information:
- To provide appropriate information and guidance, to facilitate application procedures, to provide services to students and customers , and to make improvements in relation to the Graduate School of Management, the Business School, corporate training, events, seminars, and all related services
- To screen and contact candidates in the process of hiring or contracting staff and independent contractors, and to manage human resources after hiring or contracting
IV. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
GLOBIS shall not provide personal information to any third party apart from business partners or operators under contract to entrust a whole or part of the handling of personal information, as well as the aforementioned GLOBIS entities subject to jointly utilizing personal information, except under the following situations:
- When GLOBIS has received consent from the customer in advance
- When GLOBIS needs to confirm the authenticity and validity of accounts with financial institutions, etc., for settling payment for services
- When GLOBIS is required to do so under the law or regulations, or when necessary to protect human life, body, or property
- When sharing personal information in conjunction with succession of business due to merger or other reason
Message Boards and Similar Services. Information that you post to message boards, chats or similar services can be seen by the general public. Please exercise appropriate judgment whenever disclosing your personal information or any other important information when using services that are open to many users.
Anonymously Processed Information. GLOBIS may provide personal information it acquired to third parties in the form of anonymously processed information. When creating and handling anonymously processed information, GLOBIS complies with standards set by the Personal Information Protection Commission, implements measures for safe management of personal data, and performs the necessary and appropriate supervision.
V. Children’s Privacy
This Site is not designed nor intended to be attractive to use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 please do not submit any information to us.
VI. Security Measures
GLOBIS has implemented reasonable safeguards to protect personal information from unauthorized access, loss, destruction, change and leakage. GLOBIS uses SSL encrypted communication to ensure secure data transmission for pages in which personal information has been provided for inquiries, applications or member log-in pages, but no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. You also play a role in securing your information. In regard to member log-in pages, users are strongly urged to carefully protect their IDs and passwords. Careless misuse or disclosure of IDs and/or passwords can lead to the leaking of your information If we receive instructions using your log-in information we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
VII. Access to Your Information and Your Choices
GLOBIS makes every effort to maintain the accuracy and currency of personal information we have obtained, and we promptly respond to customer requests to disclose, correct or suspend the use of information once the identity of the customer has been verified.
Some of the services provided by GLOBIS permit users to access and update their personal information on a website specifically set up for this purpose. For more information please contact the person in charge of each service or submit your inquiry here.
You can choose not to receive emails from us by “unsubscribing” using the instructions in any email you receive from us. This will not stop us from sending emails about your account or your transactions with us.
You can choose to delete or block cookies by setting your browser to either reject all cookies or to allow cookies only from selected sites. If you block cookies performance of the Site may be impaired and certain features may not function at all.
VIII. Notices to California Residents
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) California residents have rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident please read the following notice here to learn about GLOBIS’ information collection practices, your rights and how to exercise them.
Your California Privacy Rights. (Direct Marketing)
California residents who have an existing relationship with us are permitted by California law once a year to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with others for their marketing purposes. Please email us at CAPrivacy@globis.com to request this disclosure.
IX. Notice to Nevada Residents
We do not transfer personal information for monetary consideration. If you would like to tell us not to sell your information in the future please email us at email@example.com with your name, postal address, telephone number and email address with “Nevada do not sell” in the subject line.
X. Data Processing and Cross-Border Data Transfers
XI. External Links
GLOBIS websites contain links to external websites. Clicking on one of these links will transfer the visitor to the websites of our partners, advertisers and others. Be aware that the privacy policies of these other parties may differ from ours, and GLOBIS bears no responsibility for them. Please read the privacy policies of each website which is linked to ours.